Brigadier General Paul Friedrichs
HQ Air Combat Command
9:10 AM OPENING KEYNOTE: AEROMEDICAL EVACUATION ON FUTURE OPERATIONS - COPING WITH THE CONTESTED THEATRE
- Supporting readiness for the USAF's medical resources ahead of future operations in a contested theatre
- Keeping MEDEVAC capability flexible enough to cope with disruptions to the patient care pathway. Stabilising and treating forward when MEDEVAC falls short
- Using airborne platforms to bring forward the delivery of clinical care
- How will the demands of the future operating environment impact the ability of the joint force to conduct MEDEVAC?
- In a theatre where air superiority cannot be guaranteed and where MEDEVAC is limited, how can future deployed forces re-generate capacity and close gaps in the Operational Patient Care Pathway? Will we head back to MEDEVAC by land?
- Where can innovation support the enhanced delivery of clinical care in the air?
- What can be done to overcome barriers to force interoperability?