Colonel Phil Carter
Combat Medical Technician Cadre Chief
- Accessing more skill sooner. Improving the level of capability that can be deployed far forward
- Managing human resource on the future frontline. Opportunities for using less highly trained personnel to perform pre-hospital care in a deployed environment
- In which new clinical areas should we expect combat medics and nurses to be able to operate?
- Ethical and regulatory limitations to adding to the clinical skillset. Avoiding the wastage of valuable resource in a stretched tactical setting
THE COMBAT MEDIC ON THE FUTURE FRONTLINE
THE NURSE ON THE FUTURE FRONTLINE
THE JUNIOR DOCTOR ON THE FUTURE FRONTLINE
- Refining the training model to meet the demands of the future battlefield
- Extending the role to ensure care is delivered in accordance with accepted clinical timelines on a less dense battlefield, with insecure and extended lines of communications
- What are the limitations for the future military clinician? How far can the current clinical skillset be pushed?